Thomas Williams , 3 days ago
The Henning Staff have the following expectation during online learning for basic online etiquette and for full attendance, participation and credit being awarded:
1. Parents should address items with teachers during our scheduled
break times, not during class time (with no other students present).
2. The student must be logged in to their Google Meet class session individually and on time.
3. The student's entire face must be visible in live video (NO AVATAR) for recognition and participation/engagement.
4. The student must be present the entire class period.
5. The student must be focused on class content and not be engaged in other activities that are a nuisance to their learning.
6. The student must be dressed appropriately (their attire should not be a distraction to other students or staff).
7. Students should be muted when they are not asking a question or until they are called upon.
8. The student must be aware of their background and environment. The students background and environment must not be a distraction to their learning or the learning of others (Students can use the "Background Blur Option" feature in Google Meets to assist with this matter).
*Attendance & Participation rules apply to all learners during all of our Learning Models. If a student is absent, their participation in practice and games can be impacted.
*If a student is not attending class, parents are expected to call
the office to excuse an absence prior to the absence occurring. Unexcused absences can result in missed opportunities and a possible grade reduction. Attendance Policy regarding excused and unexcused remains the same in all learning models - these procedures can be found in the student handbook.
*If a student is experiencing technical difficulties, the student or parent should call the school immediately to communicate problems and inquire about possible solutions.
Thomas Williams , 3 days ago
12 Days of Christmas Activity Calendar.
Beginning on Monday, December 7, we are encouraging our students, staff, families and community to participate in our 12 Days of Christmas Activities at home online, at school or at work. During these times of uncertainty, we want to remember that there is still JOY in the Christmas season. Our students can benefit from some of these cheesy yet joyful activities - families and community members too!
Stay Safe, Stay Strong and Stay Positive - There are Brighter Days Ahead!!!
Link to the 12 Days of Christmas Activity calendar: https://5il.co/nhv5
Thomas Williams , 5 days ago
Distance Learning for grades 4-12 begins today. Schedules have been distributed to all students:
Grades 6-12 Schedule:
o Period 1 - 8:10-8:40
o Period 2 - 8:55-9:25
o Period 3 - 9:40-10:10
o Period 4 - 10:25-10:55
o Period 5 - 11:10-11:40
o Lunch - 11:40-12:25
o Period 6 - 12:25-12:55
o Period 7 - 1:10-1:40
o Period 8 - 1:55-2:25
o 15 minute breaks allows teachers to work with students that need
support for a few minutes before their next class.
o (*2:25-2:40- open to work with students after period 8*)
Grades 4-5 Schedule:
o 8:30-12:00 - Classroom Lessons w/breaks
o Lunch/Recess 11:00-12:00
o 12:00-1:05 Classroom Lesson w/breaks
o 1:10-2:25 – Optional PE/Music
o 2:25-2:40 – Work time/ Help Time
Thomas Williams , 17 days ago
Henning Elementary Technology, Meals and Childcare Questionnaire. Click the link:
Thomas Williams , 18 days ago
Due to the extreme escalation of case numbers of COVID-19 in our school community, county, region, and state, our COVID Incident Team has made the following decision (with School Board approval) regarding the next transition in our learning model.
-No School the week of November 23-27
-Beginning November 30 through December 11 - Grades 4-12 will be in a Distance Learning Model (ALL Online) and Grades PreK-3 will be In-person at school Monday through Thursday (no school on Friday).
To read the new plan, click on the link: https://5il.co/n5mx
To read about the different occupations that meet the childcare provision guidelines click on the following link: https://5il.co/n5mw
EventsSee all events
Henning Public School Families, Please take a minute to complete this online survey.