STRIVING FOR THE WORLD'S BEST WORKFORCE
The World’s Best Workforce (WBWF) bill was passed in 2013 to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop a plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
Why is Minnesota focused on this idea?
For Minnesota to be competitive, we must have students who are college and career ready, students, who are poised to lead the state’s workforce. This is important for a number of reasons:
- Our population is aging.
- Seventy percent (70%) of jobs will require more than a high school diploma by 2018.
- We don’t have qualified candidates to fill many good-paying jobs.
- The fastest growing segment of our future workforce is students of color, and they currently have the state’s lowest graduation rate.
- Minnesota has one of the worst black-white achievement gaps in the country.
HENNING PUBLIC SCHOOLS
WORLD’S BEST WORKFORCE PLAN
Dear Families and Community Partners:
The World’s Best Workforce Plan for Henning Public Schools is being presented as a part of a comprehensive system of accountability for the District. We have established this plan overview to keep the citizens of Henning about the performance of our schools and to engage them in an open, ongoing dialogue about our District and the education of our students.
This overview provides highlights in the areas of academics, accountability, parent and community involvement, efficient use of resources and healthy youth development. It is reflective of the goals adopted by the Board of Education through the Strategic Roadmap Plan for Continued Excellence.
Henning Public Schools is determined to ensure that all of its graduates are prepared to tackle whatever post-secondary options they choose to pursue. The benchmarks detailed in this overview will make certain that we continue to cultivate excellence in the Henning School District. We are continuing to examine every aspect of our work to guarantee greater efficiency and effectiveness, and ensure that all of our actions support the Henning strategic plan and helping each child succeed.
Challenges remain on our quest for excellence. But we are resolute in our focus and we know that by working together, by making no excuses, by holding ourselves and our stakeholders accountable, we can eliminate achievement gaps, raise the bar on learning for all children and make an even greater impact on the lives of our students and on the future of the communities we serve.
We encourage everyone in this community to embrace our mission and to join us as we continue to build toward excellence.